You can spot clean for little messes. For big messes you can soak in a mild detergent and water then allow to air dry.
- Do not wash in washing machine.
- Do not use any type of bleach.
- Do not soak in alcohols or solvents such as isopropyl alcohol, ethyl alcohol, methyl alcohol, denatured alcohol, propylene glycol or any other glycol solvent, any butanol or butyl alcohol, etc.
- Do not dry with a hairdryer.
- Do not iron.
For topical sanitation, the vests and harnesses can be lightly sprayed with any of the following:
- Ethyl Alcohol Sprays (62% – 80% solution),
- Isopropyl Alcohol Spray (70% – 90% solution)
- Hydrogen Peroxide soak or spray (3% – 12% solution)
Spray the inside and outside of the entire vest and allow to air dry (preferably in the sun.)
Although effective against Corona Viruses, the sprays may not be effective for other contagions, larvae, eggs, or odors. If HFMD, lice, bedbugs, fleas, etc. are suspected, please use the detergent soaking method, as follows, to assure the contagion has not penetrated into the padding.
Soak the entire vest in a non-chlorinated laundry sanitizer such as Lysol brand or a generic equivalent of detergent that contains benzalkonium chloride.
- Mix detergent in cool or lukewarm water according to detergent instruction
- Soak the vest for 1-2 hours.
- Rinse thoroughly in clean cool or lukewarm water several times to assure all of the detergents have been rinsed out of the fabric and panels.
- Press panels between 2 dry towels to remove excess water.
- Air-dry until no longer damp.