Policies and Disclosures
Table of Contents
WHO WE ARE
Safe Ride 4 Kids together with our affiliates, agents, consultants, employees and officers collectively (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the https://saferide4kids.com, https://tummyshield.com and https://ridesafertravelvest.com websites (the “Service”) offering car seat safety education and innovative products for parents. We are a privately held small business based in Denver, CO.
HOW THE POLICY APPLIES
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service — Service is the https://saferide4kids.com, https://tummyshield.com and https://ridesafertravelvest.com websites operated by Safe Ride 4 Kids
- Personal Data — Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data — Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Processors (or Service Providers) — Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller. We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject (or User) — Data Subject is any living individual who is using our Service and is the subject of Personal Data.
• We collect personal information for everyone who purchases or signs up to receive our offerings.
• Purchase information is kept indefinitely for purposes of future notification in case there is ever a recall on the purchased product.
• Newsletter recipients are on the list as long as they are current or until they opt out using the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter.
• We do not sell or share information except to authorized service providers we hire as specified in policy ie. our payment processors.
• To make changes to your contact information, please fill out the form here.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
TYPES OF DATA COLLECTED
— PERSONAL DATA
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact you, complete a transaction (a purchase or sending you requested information) or otherwise identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Billing and/or Shipping Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Payment information
- Cookies and Usage Data
- Communication you send to us or submit on our sites (for example when you ask for support, send us questions or comments or report a problem)
We may use your Personal Data to contact you with follow up emails on your orders, newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you.
You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
Personal emails in response to the contact form do not have the unsubscribe link. These emails are kept for reference and legal purposes. The email addresses are not used for any other purpose unless you provide consent or make a purchase.
— USAGE DATA
— LOCATION DATA
We may use and store information about your location if you give us permission to do so (“Location Data”). We use this data to provide features of our Service, to improve and customize our Service.
USE OF DATA
Safe Ride 4 Kids uses the collected data for various purposes:
- Personal Data
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To screen our orders for potential risk or fraud
- To provide you with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless you have opted not to receive such information
- Usage Data
- For analysis to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site)
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address)
- To assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns
- To monitor the usage of our Service
LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
Safe Ride 4 Kids may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you (ie. fulfilling your order)
- You have given us permission to do so (ie. signing up for our newsletter)
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- For payment processing purposes
- To comply with the law
We analyze how users interact with our Site so we can understand better what elements of the design are working well and which are not working so well. This allows us to improve and develop the quality of the online experience we offer all our users.
RETENTION OF DATA
Safe Ride 4 Kids will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
TRANSFER OF DATA
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside United States and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to United States and process it there.
DISCLOSER OF DATA
DISCLOSURE FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Under certain circumstances, Safe Ride 4 Kids may be required to disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Safe Ride 4 Kids may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Safe Ride 4 Kids
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
SECURITY OF DATA
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
YOUR DATA PROTECTION RIGHTS UNDER GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Safe Ride 4 Kids aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your Personal Data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of the information we have on you in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format (ie. jpg of screen shot).
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Safe Ride 4 Kids relied on your consent to process your personal information.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please fill out this form.
You can contact us in writing at:
Safe Ride 4 Kids
303 S Broadway #200-266
Denver, CO 80209 USA
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Service Providers include:
- We use Shopify to power our online store–you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We use Infusionsoft as our Customer Relationship Management platform–you can read more about how Infusionsoft uses your Personal Information here: https://www.infusionsoft.com/legal/privacy-policy.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics — Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
We may provide paid products and/or services within the Service. In that case, we use third-party services for payment processing (e.g. payment processors).
Mastercard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of payment information.
The payment processors we work with are:
- If you use our Payment Plan options:
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By visiting our contact page on our website.
- By phone number: 844.421.SAFE (7233)
Cookies — Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
TRACKING AND COOKIES DATA
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences
and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
HOW LONG COOKIES REMAIN ON MY DEVICE
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie.
- Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted.
- Persistent cookies expire at the time set. Most of our cookies are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
HOW TO CONTROL COOKIES
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies, indicate when a cookie is being sent or manage cookies in other ways. Please keep in mind that removing or blocking cookies can negatively impact your user experience and parts of our website may no longer be fully accessible.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can choose whether or not to accept cookies through your browser controls, often found in your browser’s “Tools” or “Preferences” menu.
- Google AdWords — Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc.
- You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page.
- Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page.
- Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page.
- To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads follow these instructions from Facebook.
- Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
- For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy.
We limit our marketing to people within the United States.
“DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
We do not support Do Not Track (“DNT”). Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites that you do not want to be tracked.
You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
Safe Ride 4 Kids (SR4K) is committed to permission-based email marketing practices, and in support thereof, has established this no-tolerance Anti-Spam Policy. SR4K may update this policy and provide notice of any changes on its home page.
Your use of this website constitutes your acceptance of the terms and conditions of our Anti-Spam Policy.
Spam is commercial email or unsolicited bulk email, including junk mail, which has not been requested by the recipient. Spam is the opposite of permission-based email. Spam is not an accepted promotion technique and SR4K does not condone or engage in Spam and does not tolerate Spam of any sort. SR4K Affiliates, Joint Venture Partners and Customers are strictly forbidden to advertise or promote SR4K, products, or services, via any form of Spam. SR4K Affiliates, Joint Venture Partners and Customers agree to comply with this Anti-Spam Policy. SR4K reserves the right to determine in its sole discretion what constitutes Spam. SR4K Affiliates, Joint Venture Partners and Customers found to be using SR4K programs, products or services to engage in Spam may, at SR4K’s discretion, be immediately cut off from use of all SR4K programs, products and services. SR4K will take any steps it deems necessary to prevent it from being involved in Spam and will legally pursue any person(s) or organization(s) that involve it in Spam allegations. If damages of any kind are levied against SR4K, it will pursue full legal recourse against the offending person(s) and/or organization(s) under any and all applicable laws.
If you believe that you have received Spam connected to Safe Ride 4 Kids in any way, send a complaint including the unsolicited email, to email@example.com. You may also provide any other information that you believe may help a Safe Ride 4 Kids investigation. Safe Ride 4 Kids does not investigate or take any action based on anonymous Spam complaints.
Fraudulent Order Policy
We have anti-fraud safeguards in place in our store, which means that for your protection from credit card fraud or identity theft, we may ask you to verify that you are the card owner or that order and that ship-to information are legitimate.
- If our system suspects a fraudulent order,
- we will advise you by phone or e-mail
- we will hold that order until it can be verified with additional information.
- If we cannot attain additional information to verify the customer and order within 3 days, we will cancel the order.
We will report all fraud to the FBI Internet Fraud Complaint Center at http://www.ic3.gov/. We regret that this is necessary, but it is designed to protect the card owner as well as the retailer.
- Cannot be combined with any other offers
- Adjustments will not be made retroactively to purchases placed prior to when a promotion began
- Discount does not apply to taxes, shipping & handling charges
- Offer valid only while supplies last for in-stock merchandise
- Not redeemable for cash, gift cards, gift certificates, or store credit
We encourage commenting. We love reading your stories and feedback and answering your questions to help you make every arrival a safe arrival. Thank you to everyone who comments on SafeRide4Kids.com or on our social media.
Our sites and pages are moderated. To ensure we all enjoy the Safe Ride 4 Kids community areas, we ask you to follow these guidelines:
- Be respectful and polite.
- Remember there are people behind the screens and your words can affect people.
- If you wouldn’t say it to someone’s face, then don’t say it here.
We appreciate and welcome feedback. And, if you just want to announce your opinion without including points to discuss, write comments that add no value to the discussion or merely be insulting, your comments will be removed.
To put it simply, our guidelines boil down to “don’t be a jerk”. If you don’t follow any of these guidelines, not only will our moderators remove the comment but we may also ban you from participating in the discussions.
Safe Ride 4 Kids reserves the right to edit or delete any comments submitted to this website or other business channels without notice due to:
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive or otherwise inappropriate
- Comments that attack an individual
- Comments found inapplicable to the content in the text
- Comments deemed to be spam or solely promotional in nature will be deleted. Including a link to relevant content is permitted, but comments should be relevant to the post topic.
This comment policy is subject to change at any time.
Amazon Associate Disclosure
Safe Ride 4 Kids has an affiliate relationship with some of the companies or products we recommend. This means we earn a commission every time you make a purchase by following our link.