Car Seat Checklist for Your Family Road Trip
This cute, informational video is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License by CJ Pony Parts.
Summer is just around the bend. Whether you have camping trips or a cross-country family road trip, you’ll want to remember these car seat safety tips.
Of course these are tips families can remember for their every day travels as well.
Although 96% of parents feel like their car seat is correct, the reality is 3 out of 4 car seats are being used incorrectly, making this information important to share. Sometimes the mistake is something minor and sometimes it is a much more serious misuse.
One other thing to remember when traveling this summer is that different states have different child restraint laws. You can review the child restraint laws for the states you’ll be passing through here. The laws do not always reflect what is considered safest, best practice for car seats.
- Making sure your car seat is secured snugly
- Making sure your harness straps are in the correct position
- Making sure your chest clip is in the correct position
- Making sure your harness is snug enough
- Making sure you don’t have a heavy coat on the child if you are going somewhere cold
- Making sure you aren’t using any accessories that haven’t been tested with your seat
- Making sure your car seat hasn’t expired.
Stay safe and have fun during your family road trip this summer. (I’ll be sharing about our cross-country road trip on our social media.)
By Amie Durocher, Creative Director at Safe Ride 4 Kids and certified CPS Tech since 2004
Copyright 2016 Safe Ride 4 Kids. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.